This chilled lemon dream is just out of this world, ultradelicious, simple, lime and lemony and so sublime -it’s your answer to a light dessert after a heavy meal.
This is a very loyal dessert that never ever lets me down and it’s the dessert I think of immediately when I have to balance out a heavy meal with a light dessert. I just love this recipe for the simple reason that it does not involve cooking at all and the ingredients -all so readily available in your kitchen. All of us love the flavour of lime and this is so creamy – it’s unbelievable!
You just want more and ………
An easy to follow recipe with a few ingredients- but great on taste.
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Lime juice-1/4 cup ( juice of 3-4 limes)
- Lime rind -1 tbsp
- Cream – 1 tetrapack ( 250ml )
- Water – 1 cup-( 1/4+3/4)
- Gelatin -1 tbsp
- Separate the eggs carefully making sure no egg yolk falls into the egg white.
- Beat egg yolks and sugar till light and fluffy. This will take 5-7 minutes.
- Take gelatin in a bowl and add 1/4 cup of cold water. After 5 minutes add 3/4 cup of boiling water to the swollen gelatin and stir till it dissolves completely. Keep it aside.
- Beat egg whites till stiff but not dry. Add the cream and blend in well.
- To the egg-yolk and sugar mixture, add the lime juice and melted gelatin and beat well with the egg beater.
- Finally add the egg white and cream mixture, blend it well, strain and pour into a glass dish to set.
- Place in the lower compartment of the fridge to set for 2-3 hours.
- Sprinkle some grated lemon rind on top and serve chilled.
- If any egg yolk does fall into the egg white, with the help of an eggshell try and retrieve the spilt over egg yolk.
- The sugar- egg yolk mixture has to be absolutely pale yellow, creamy and the sugar should be dissolved completely.
- Only when the gelatin is swollen should the hot water be added.
- The final mixture has to be strained thoroughly to remove any unbeaten egg yolk or undissolved gelatin.
- You could also set this dessert in individual ramekins.
- Serves 4-6.
“Dessert is like a feel good song and the best ones make you dance .” – chef Edward Lee
MAY THE SPIRIT OF CHRISTMAS BRING YOU AND YOUR FAMILY PEACE, LOVE AND HAPPINESS.
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR.
Till my next post,