It’s after a long break I am putting up a post. New commitments just threw me off balance for some time. Have reworked my schedule and should be good from here onwards. I thought I’ll start on a sweet note now that things are looking much better the world over, a time to celebrate!
If it is a fruit I look forward to buying, it has to be strawberry. The best time here in chennai is December- March. Shortcake bars, trifle, cheesecake, compote….. in fact just jam! Strawberry and blueberry!
At home, when it’s strawberry season, during the weekends I try out recipes I have saved. It is a versatile fruit. Strawberry on its own with a little Greek yoghurt makes for a quick and easy dessert.
This recipe is a tried and tested one and will not disappoint you. The ingredients are easily available. Do try it out and let me know in the comment section.
- Flour -13/4 cups
- Baking powder-3/4 tsp
- Baking soda -1/4 tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Sugar 1 cup powdered
- Butter-100 grams
- Eggs -2 small
- Curd -1/4 cup
- Milk -1/2 cup
- Vanilla essence -1 tsp
- Strawberry jam – 1/2 cup +2 tbsp for topping
- Fresh strawberry cut into small pieces -1/2 cup
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees c and keep it ready.
- Sift all the dry ingredients together ( flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt)
- In a bowl , take butter and microwave for 20 seconds.
- Add powdered sugar and cream well with a hand blender.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix well after each addition. Add the milk and curd and beat after each addition. Add vanilla essence.
- Add the dry ingredients and blend in with a help of a spoon, a little at a time.
- Add the finely cut strawberries into the batter.
- Finally, add the strawberry jam and stir in very, very gently.
- Line your cup cake moulds, and with the help of a scoop or a spoon fill the cupcake moulds till half.
- Make a depression on top of each cupcake and add, with the help of a very small spoon, a little strawberry jam on each cupcake. ( just a tiny drop)
- Bake in a preheated oven for 18-20 minutes.
- Let it cool. Dust with icing sugar ( optional ) and serve warm with custard or ice cream
- All the ingredients have to be at room temperature and fresh.
- Taste the batter, if it is overtly sweet, you can add the juice of half a lemon.
- The strawberry jam may overflow while baking, but it only adds to the taste.
- You could substitute blueberry for strawberry.
- This gives you 18 cupcakes.
Strawberries 🍓-a taste of summer!
Till my next post